Thursday, July 24, 2014

I 9 p 26 "VORP"

Still playing with crowd dialogue, including inserting Woodard into the crowd. And I really love the lighting in this one as well as the layout- this one really works on a number of levels for me.

And of course in the lower left hand corner, Ronni is clearly not making her getaway.

http://www.giantgirladventures.com/comics/iss9pg26

Now, here was one panel of a page. But Koen decided he was planning to use this episode as an excuse to learn how to draw crowds of people. Since it is a prom, that meant a fancy dress crowd, so he went to work on it. And you can really see he was starting too get a really good feel for it here. Every character has an expression, they are all reacting to what's going on and they all have some dynamism to the.

If we had published this as one panel of a page I don't think folks would really have gotten the chance to take all of that in, really.



The sound effect was something of a debate for me, but instead of making a visual effect to the scepter every time, I thought a good repeating sound effect would be the way to go. So I indicated to Wendie to design one that looked, and I quote, 'science fictiony' and this is what she came up with. I quite like it, and hopefully it will serve us well for the remainder of this issue.

Note how the crown is now smaller on her head and the floor-length dress is not just below her knees. Nice work there Koen.

And Ronni's dress still amazes me every time I see it. Brilliant work on Koen's part there as well.

Okay, that's the chatter for this page... on to the weekend then page 27 on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment