Saturday, August 2, 2014

I 9 P 29 "Birth of a supervillain"



So this page was one where I wanted to demonstrate that the circumstances leading up to this moment were chance and happenstance. Ayesha didn't know that the scepter would carry this potential, and she didn't know that it did this. And she didn't know that it would make her bigger and more powerful when she hitsomething with it. Ronni tries to talk her down, of course, and it doesn't work so hot. But on this page we clearly see her making the choice to continue using the device, and she whacks one of the tables to continue the process.

Issue 9 - Page 29

I live the green glow that replaces her eyes in the middle version of her- makes her look a bit maniacal to my eye And the effect itself, complete with sound effect, is pretty spiffy.  Combining that with Ronni in the background, clearly displeased and irritated with Stanley choosing to break the fourth wall nd speak directly to the reader, this is a pretty keen page.

I had debated for a while letting the characters break the fourth wall and speak to the audience, so I am experimenting with it just a little bit here. It is debatable whether I will continue it or not- hard to tell what the fans think and how they may react, but it is a way of getting across information.

And of course there's the crowd noise, which I am continuing to experiment with and hone that theory over time. Those are actually fun to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment