Thursday, August 21, 2014

ss 9 P 38 "Belle Chere's dress and a bullhorn accessory"



So once again, this was the previous page's second half, the lower half of the page.

I love Ronni's bitching about her updo and flinging bobby pins as she undoes the pudo that she worked so hard on. It may have seemed as though she was just in it for the duty, but she really did her best to try to give her contest winner a good time. She wore a fantastic dress, she got all dolled up with her hair and makeup, she shaved her legs and showed up in a fantastic classic car that could seat about 20.

And she got Jose for a prom date, and got in a fight with some hick with superpowers.

I honestly wish I had asked Koen to put her in a scrunchie for the rest of the fight.

I wrote the Belle Chere gag in there because a lot of people I now have worn the Jessica Rabbit costume, but Belle Chere IS Jessica Rabbit in real life. Well, physically. She's actually one of the sweetest girls I know, and genuinely incredibly nice. Unlike Jessica Rabbit, who is bad AND drawn that way.


The bit about not being bored on a Saturday night is a hint, but it's a loooong hint that won't make sense for a very long time in the plot, but it isn't just random dialogue. For the detail obsessed who keep an eye out for this sort of thing.

I love the tiny typed muttering t herself. I don't know if the joke is funny or not, but I sure liked it. Then comes the insults and we're off to the races again. Koen is getting better and better with the underlighting, and I really like the way Ronni looks

. Originally there was a third panel in that dress ripping sequence, but it got axed as you can see above.Just didn't go with the other two well, y'know? This was the second redraw of that panel and we both agreed to axe it instead of keep ai it. Sometimes you have to just let go.








No comments:

Post a Comment