Thursday, August 7, 2014

I 9 P 32 "Becase super powers"

Now I'm just waiting to see if someone jumps on the feminism train to complain about 64 Bit's lines here. Guess without a forum on the strip they cant complain too loudly...

Issue 9 - Page 32

So, stuff about this page.

The growth sequence kinda reads backward because we read left to right, and she is growing right to left, which kinda makes it look like she is strinking rather than growing, which is weird. But I couldn't come up with a better way to do it, and I liked the wide shot with 64 and Jose. You didn't think we forgot the rightfully crowned Prom Queen in all of this, didya? Oh no, he still has more screen time.

Not sure how I feel about her villain rant. "I AM DISENFRANCHISED AND DELUSIONAL" seems like a lame motivation, yet I have certainly seen worse. Yes, there is an outside agency nudging her toward being a pain in Ronni's ass, but she wasn't all that balanced to start with. This is the girl who was explaining to her stuffed animals how she was going to sweep into power and rule the school, and wished they could be there to see her do it. Not healthy for an 18 year old girl, nossir.

Stanley was supposed to turn into Big Tex (as I am sure he is in a video game somewhere) but Koen liked the two-dimensional "Neon Cowboy" so that's who went to print. He's still cool looking, so such is compromise.

And it's the little things that make me smile. "Your grammar... it hurts."

I mistimed this one. The next page was supposed to be the Friday page... bah. Oh well. Next up- slash page!

No comments:

Post a Comment